Its overall object is to ensure a predictable legal, contractual and licensing framework which promotes cost-efficiency and profitability in petroleum activities on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The committee’s work will be rooted in the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association’s strategy and main tasks, and will be goal- and result-oriented. It will protect the association’s legal interests in such fields as:
- petroleum law
- competition law
- health, safety and environmental law
- commercial law
- criminal law
- civil law and associated areas
- the contractual and licensing framework.
The committee will
- prepare consultation responses and industry positions within the above-mentioned areas
- communicate clear industrial positions on key issues.
Through cross-disciplinary and active collaboration with other committees and in close consultation with the administration, the committee’s work in the above-mentioned areas will include:
- following up common standpoints and strategies
- raising issues of common interest with the government and other industry associations.
Each of the member companies in the oil company and supplier branches can appoint a representative to the committee.